Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions specify the terms of letting Apartments posted on the website www.welcomeapartment.pl as well as booking portals. The action of making a booking automatically confirms a Lease Agreement between Welcome Apartment S.C. Anna Kuszczak-Pikus, Katarzyna Osiecimska headquatered in Gdańsk (80-835) ul. Tandeta 1/83 and the Guest, on the terms specified in this document.
Terms & Conditions serve as an integral part of the Lease Agreement.
Booking and Payment
- After making a booking, the Guest receives an e-mail confirmation with the address of the apartment and the key pick-up location.
- Payment for the stay:
- In the case of bookings made via booking portals, the payment is guaranteed by a credit card or debit card.
- In terms of bookings made via website, e-mail or phone call, a payment of min. 50% of the booking cost is required within 24h, issued to the bank account provided in the booking confirmation. The remaining amount must be paid by the Guest upon arrival during check-in either by cash or debit card. Failure to pay the booking cost within the required timeframe can result in the cancellation of booking.
- The Guest is obliged to pay tourist tax in cash. In Gdańsk the cost is 2,31 PLN/night/person.
- The Guest is obliged to make a one-off payment for final cleaning. The amount for the service is dependent on the size of the Apartment and varies between 120PLN and 200PLN. When booking via booking portals, the Guest receives an information about the exact cost for final cleaning during the process of making a booking. When booking via website, e-mail or phone call, the information regarding costs for final cleaning is provided by e-mail along with the booking confirmation.
- Key pick-up after 6pm results in an extra charge of 100PLN.
- The offers and prices provided on welcomeapartment.pl are for informational reasons only and do not serve as a commercial offer as understood by act 100 par. 1 of the Civil Codex. The cost of the stay must be confirmed by Welcome Apartment S.C.
- All prices offered by Welcome Apartment S.C. include the currently applicable VAT tax (8%).
- The price of the stay includes: bedding, towels, toiletries, hygienic products and a welcome set containing tea, coffee and sugar.
- The price of the stay does not include an additional cleaning service or an additional change of bedding and towels. Those services can be provided at the Guest’s request for an additional charge.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. reserves the right to charge the deposit in an amount dependent on the size of the Apartment: from 1000PLN to 2000PLN. The deposit is charged in cash. The deposit is meant to secure the claims of Welcome Apartment S.C. during the check-up of the Apartment on the day of departure. If no damages are noted by a Welcome Apartment S.C. staff member during their check-up on the day of departure, the deposit is returned in full amount.
- All the amendments and changes to the reservation should be made via e-mail and have to be accepted by Welcome Apartment S.C. Welcome Apartment S.C. reserves the right to refuse changes if, for objective reasons, amending will not be possible. In the case of cancelling a booking due to lack of possibility to make changes for bookings made via e-mail, website or phone-call, the Guest is entitled to a full reimbursement of costs. In the case of bookings made via booking portals, Terms & Condition of a specific booking apply.
- At the Guest’s request, Welcome Apartment S.C. can issue an invoice. Upon arrival and check-in, it is required to provide invoice details.
- In the case of shortening the stay, the Guest is not entitled to a reimbursement of the costs of remaining nights.
Terms of Booking
- A hotel day commences at 2pm on arrival day and concludes at 11am on the day of departure.
- After making a booking, the Guest receives detailed information regarding the passing of keys. Between the hours of 9am and 6pm the keys are handed free-of-charge. Handing keys after 6 pm results in an additional charge of 100PLN.
- Checking out after 11am is possible after making a payment equivalent to the amount of another night’s stay.
- The lengthening of stay must be announced no later than 2pm on the day preceding the original day of departure. The lengthening of stay must be agreed with and confirmed by Welcome Apartment S.C. and is subject to availability. Unannounced postponement of the time of departure is equivalent with the requirement to pay for another night’s stay.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. reserves the right to refuse the handing of keys to people who are under the influence of alcohol and drugs, who demonstrate aggressive behaviour and, as a result, pose a direct threat to others and possessions.
- Parking spaces are limited – booking is required.
- The Guest is required to abide by Health and Safety (BHP) and PPOŻ rules, as well as noise curfew in the Apartment between 10pm and 7am. Failure to abide by the noise curfew results in an immediate cancellation of booking and police intervention.
- The Apartment must only serve living purposes. It is prohibited to organise PARTIES, PHOTO SHOOTS and BACHELOR(ETTE) NIGHTS.
- The number of people residing in the Apartment must be in agreement with the amount of accommodation amenities. In the case of infringement of this term, Welcome Apartment S.C. has the right to terminate the Contract with immediate effect, without reimbursing the costs of remaining nights.
- SMOKING and the use of ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES is forbidden inside the Apartment and the Apartment building. Infringement of this ban will result in a charge of 1000PLN for the process of ozonisation.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. cannot be held responsible for inconveniences during the stay resulting from:
- Construction and refurbishment works which may be executed on Apartment site and around it,
- The termination of media providing (incl. electricity, water, Internet) from independent causes unrelated to Welcome Apartment S.C.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of: money, documents or other expensive, personal objects.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. cannot be held accountable for claims related to unfortunate occurrences during the stay such as health damage or death involving the Guest, or third parties present inside the Apartment with the Guest.
- The Guest is provided with an Apartment at their disposal with a fully functioning equipment. All damages found by the Guest in the Apartment must be immediately communicated to a staff member of Welcome Apartment S.C. Failure to inform of the damages may result in charging the Guest with costs of repair.
- The Guest takes full responsibility for all damages or losses of equipment and technical appliances inside the Apartment caused by the actions of the Guest and visitors. In the case of damage, Guest should inform a staff member of Welcome Apartment S.C.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. does not allow pets inside the Apartments.
- Welcome Apartment S.C. does not charge a fee for the stay of a child under 5 years of age (one child per two parents), sleeping with parents or in its own bed, not requiring bedding. While making a booking, the Guest is required to inform of this instance.
- In the case of losing a set of keys for the Apartment, the Guest must face a charge of 500PLN. In the case of losing a remote control for garage gates, the Guest must face a cost of 300PLN.
- It is forbidden to move furniture and appliances in the Apartment, without the consent of Welcome Apartment S.C.
- We are cutting the time of the check-in procedure to the minimum and trying to communicate all essential information via e-mail.
- Cashless payments are preferred.
- Check-in process (signing of the Lease Agreement and Statement, handing of keys) takes place in the garage hall of booking site.
- During check-in, only the primary Guest of the Apartment can meet with our Staff member.
- Common areas form the widely-accessible public space in which both Guests and Staff are strictly required to wear face masks and to disinfect their hands after each entry to the building.
- Maintaining a distance of at least 1,5 m between people is in place at all sites.
- Entry to Apartments is reserved for checked-in Guests only.
- According to lift usage regulations, only Guests of the same Apartment are able to use the lift together.
- In the case of health changes which indicate an infection with the SARS–CoV-2 virus (shortness of breath, coughing, sneezing, heightened temperature), individuals are required to immediately inform the National Health Fund helpline at +48 800 190 590, and to take the necessary preventative and diagnostic steps, in accordance with the instructions of the Chief Sanitary Inspector.
The provided booking dates are binding for both parties. The cancellation of bookings made via booking portals is dependent on a specific offer under which the booking was made. In the case of bookings made via e-mail (email@example.com), website (www.welcomeapartment.pl) or phone call, the booking fee is not returned upon cancellation.
Failures and Damages
Welcome Apartment S.C. is obliged to immediately remove any damages in the Apartment, within max. 24h after the report, unless the nature of the damage calls for a longer repair time. Failures occurring from independent causes unrelated to Welcome Apartment S.C. such as shortcuts in media providing (Internet, TV, appliance failure) do not serve as grounds for booking cancellation or price alteration.
Higher Forces, Exceptional Occurrences
In the case of unforeseeable occurrences which cannot be liquidated immediately with usual measures, Welcome Apartment S.C. reserves the right to offer the Guest with a replacement Apartment. In the case of unforeseeable higher forces, Welcome Apartment S.C. reserves the right to terminate the Contract. This includes instances in which the personal safety of the Guest and their possessions cannot be guaranteed for reasons independent and unrelated to Welcome Apartment S.C. The costs paid by the Guests are immediately reimbursed, with the detraction of fees for services already made.
Upon making a booking with Welcome Apartment S.C., the Guest agrees to add their personal details into the database. The data will be processed only for current and future booking proceedings and marketing insight in accordance to the act from 29.08.1997 re. the Protection of Personal Data. The above data will not be shared or sold to any third parties. The Guest has the right to resigns from participation in promotional campaigns.
The law applicable for disputes between the company and the Guest is the Polish law. Disputes will be settled by a court applicable to the headquarters of Welcome Apartment S.C.